Two weeks… that is all we really have left of Summer Vacation. Two short little weeks. . . I can hear the panic in my kids voices as they count down the days. My boys are a mix of excitement. No one likes the early mornings or the homework, but they like most of their classes, love playing sports and generally all the social aspects of school. Our Cat is probably the most excited though, she likes all the bags.
This school year means a lot of changes to our household. One boy is driving, one boy is moving on to the Junior High…like I said, lots of changes. One constant in my life is that I am short on time, but still want to give my boys healthy options for lunch. That is where this On The Go Guacamole was born. Avocados are loaded with good stuff for you and let’s face it…they are awesome with anything.
On The Go Guacamole
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin (Powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cracked White Pepper (you can use black pepper if you do not have white pepper)
- 1 Ziplock Type Sandwich Bag
I even make this at work. I like to add it to salad in place of dressing or dip pita chips in it. Shoot, toss in some chicken and you have avocado chicken salad. The possibilities are endless. It is a perfect addition to any brown paper bag lunch. Simple, easy to make, clean up is a dream, and it just plain ol’ tastes good.
I almost feel like I have cheated you because this recipe is so darn simple. Be sure to check out all the other great recipes that #SundaySupper has served up for you. Perfect for breakfast on the go, great ideas for busy nights, awesome lunches you can pack for your kiddo’s and even some sweet endings for your busy days… lord knows I am looking forward to those.
Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Toast Three Ways from Foxes Love Lemons
Back to School Lunches and Simple Suppers
- Owl Bento Box from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Berry Nutty Bento from Ninja Baking
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni’s Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Steak & Cheese Pockets from Momma’s Meals
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Back to School Sips
Back to School Super Snacks
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Playground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Chick Peas from Ruffles and Truffles
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn from Simply Healthy Family
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) from Mama Bee Does
Back to School Sweets and Treats
- Open Face PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Treats from The Texan New Yorker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.