Outdoor dining is one of my favorite parts of summer! I love the laid back atmosphere, plus everything tastes better on a grill. Smokey flavors, friends, family, all paired with laughter and a glass of wine sounds like a perfect evening in my book.
Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Blend is the inspiration for this recipe. I love its simple sweetness and how it pairs with light, fresh, foods. The notes of peach and tropical fruit in this blend called to me and I knew I had to pair it with fresh Shrimp.
Grilling Shrimp can seem like a challenge, but they cook fast and are easy to work with. The key really is in using raw shrimp. I know, I know, crazy, but sometimes people use already cooked shrimp and they do not take on flavor as well. I find that a simple marinade adds great flavor. Skewers make grilling easier and are a fun way to serve your shrimp.
Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- 1/3 cup Gallo Family Sweet White Blend Wine
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper (Fresh cracked if possible)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Adjust to your comfort level (optional))
- 1lb Shrimp (Raw)
- Cilantro (Optional, but I do like to throw in a few torn leaves myself.)
Putting the shrimp onto the skewer before marinating them makes handling the shrimp easier when it comes time for grilling.
The shrimp in this dish develop such bright flavors from the citrus and wine marinade. They are perfect over a salad or paired with rice. In my case, I paired the shrimp with a simple pasta dressed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkled with fresh basil and parsley. It was wonderful!
Cooking with wine, it is important to use a wine that you enjoy the flavor of, because you are infusing this flavor into your dish. Another bonus to cooking with wine is that it makes pairing simple. Go ahead, serve a glass of the very wine you infused into your dish. It will be perfect. Serving these shrimp with a chilled glass of the Gallo Family Sweet White Blend is just a flawless combination. You will be sure to wow your friends and family with this pairing.
For more information on the wine that I have featured as well as all the great wines that Gallo Family Vineyards offers be sure to check out their website.
Love wine and want to stay up to date with all the exciting things that Gallo has to offer? They are also on all your favorite social media sites. Gallo Family Vineyards, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Their website has a wealth of information on all Gallo Family wines and helpful pairing guides.
Gallo Family has also made wine shopping easy for you. After following along on their social media sites, Instagram is always a favorite of mine for inspiration; you can use their store locator to point you in the right direction for purchasing any one of their wonderful wines. GFV store locator – http://ht.ly/ta8F7
The #SundaySupper Team has been hard at work grilling up a storm this week. Follow the links for more amazing recipes… and wine. Did I mention that they will be wine? Gallo Family Wines are being served paired #SundaySupper. These great recipes with paired with Gallo Family’s Merlot and Sweet White Blend.
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.