It is baseball season and what does that mean? I am crazy baseball mom once again. Both of my boys play baseball on travel leagues this year so baseball season is a bit more crazy than usual. Crazy is good right? It is fun and I have to admit, I enjoy watching them play ball…a lot.
We have a practice, game or a round of tournaments just about everyday so during the week, I need quick easy meals. These Chicken and Veggie Burritos are just that, made in about 30 minutes. They are loaded with fresh veggies and flavorful shredded chicken all wrapped into a nice easy to eat on the go package. They also heat up well for lunches the next day. That is a win win situation for me.
I hope you enjoy them. For more recipes to make during the week or just about anytime, check out what other #SundaySupper members have posted for #WeekdaySupper. This week is a great line up with a lot of variety.
- Monday – Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious – Tuscan Baked Eggs on Lentils
- Tuesday – Renee from Magnolia Days – Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
- Wednesday – Heather/Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks – Bang Bang Chicken
- Thursday – Pam/Blueberries and Blessings – Individual Salmon Loaves
- Friday – Shannon/Country Girl in the Village – Chicken and Veggie Burritos
We are also on Pinterest with #WeekdaySupper boards. There are over a hundred different recipes for easy to make weekday suppers.
Chicken and Veggie Burrito
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (for shredding)
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Zuccini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Can of diced Tomatoes with Jalapeno (drained, reserve liquid)
- teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Can of Green Chile Sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon Sour Cream
- 8 Flour Tortillas (large size)
- 1 Block of Sharp Cheddar for Shredding
- salt and pepper to taste