Game Day! The big day, the one that all of us die-hard football fans and not so die-hard fans can still come together for a great party and fun commercials. The excitement builds all day long until Kick Off. In my family, this is a big day. Football is something we all enjoy. The food is also a bonus. Who doesn’t love all the appetizers, snacks and finger foods? For all of us adults in the world… who doesn’t love to pair all the goodies with a great wine?
Blue Cheese Burger Bites
- 1lb Ground Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- Blue Cheese (Crumbles, for topping)
- Kalamata Olives, Pitted (for topping)
- Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- Sliced Bread (Toasted, I use 1 slice quartered for 4 bites.)
Ground Sirloin is a lean beef that can have the tendency to dry out. I add the fat back into the meat with the melted butter. This step gives you great flavor and a juicy burger.
I love the blue cheese with the flavors in the burger. Some people may not, I also use these burger bites and top them with only the tomato slices for those who do not.
These little burger bites each hold so much flavor. The olives really give a nice briny saltiness to the blue cheese and beef. Your guests will love them. So now, you have a great little appetizer to serve, but what kind of drink should you pair with it? In my opinion these little bites are wonderful with a glass of Pinot Noir. Gallo Family’s Pinot Noir has a medium body with a smooth finish in the mouth. The notes of cherry in the wine really compliment the beef in the burger and pair well with the creamy blue cheese.
Looking for a great versatile wine to serve with your whole table spread? When there is a variety of foods, a simple, but flavorful wine is your ticket across the board. One that I am particularly fond of is Gallo Family’s Moscato. The sweetness of this wine is a great contrast to spicy foods. It also enhances your sweetest desserts. The Moscato is a light bodied wine with notes of citrus, honey and peach.
For more information on the wines that I have featured as well as all the great wines that Gallo Family Vineyards offers be sure to check out their website at: www.gallofamily.com .
Love wine and want to stay up to date with all the exciting things that Gallo has to offer? They are also on all your favorite social media sites.
#SundaySupper has you covered for all of your Game Day Entertaining and Pairings. Just in time, there are wonderful recipes being shared below as well as wines to pair with them for your family and guests. We are chatting live tonight on twitter at 7pm est, follow the hashtag #SundaySupper. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Get your game day plan ready now. Take a look at these recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring Gallo Family Vineyards wine:
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Chipotle Quinoa Fritters by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Ham Barbecue by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here: Sunday Supper Movement
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.